Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lestat is dead!

This news is very sad to me – I recently found out my dear and dark writer of vampire tales has found God. That’s right – Anne Rice is now writing religious fiction based on the life of Jesus Christ!

Anne Rice or A. N. Roquelaure has written 25 creepy and super-natural books over the years – my fave’s being the Vampire chronicles. Yes, when in New Orleans - I went to find Lestat’s tomb and stood outside her home…that’s as far I go though. I do own the Vampire Chronicles dictionary to help you get through the series. I loved the movie (not Queen of the Damned though – that sucked) and most likely will drag the husband to see Lestat on Broadway.

While I am very happy Anne is healthy and starting to deal with her illness and the death of Stan – a part of me is saddened that there will be no more books that I will have to hide from my mother (she would NOT approve).

I am lucky- there are a few series and books I have not read yet. The jury is still out on her new religious series – not because I don’t like religious books (I am a grad of ORU for pete’s sake) but because so far – it seems
boring!

Oh Anne – my vampire soul weeps for you. Come back our dark mistress of the underworld.

MSNBC Article

No comments: